Tuesday, March 14, 2017

creating a lesson plan

In class I have been assigned to create a detailed lesson plan for a class I plan to have in the future. Through doing this activity I learned what all is involved in making a plan. Although I know it would not be simply I also didn't know how much work has to be out into it. This is just one or several I will have to do over the course of my teaching career. I enjoyed making it though. I t was fun being able to set up your own learning objectives and deciding how you planned on testing those goals. I also found it not fun trying to find the national standards that match those objectives. Don't get me wrong, I understand the importance of having standards and guidelines that every teacher must follow. I simply hope that with time I will either be given a lookup guide to assist me or be able to find a better source of updated information on what teachers are using today to meet there objectives. I knew that making lessons plans was mart of the job but I was under the impression that these were already made out beforehand, like you printed them out and kinda copy and paste bits and pieces that apply to your situation or work for your classroom. Although they might have something similar to that, I still enjoyed being able to see what it was like to make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment