Saturday, February 4, 2017

I am just going to just right in and get this ball rolling. I didn't start off wanting to be a teacher. I knew I wanted to help people so I decided on being a nurse and stuck with it until I started college fresh out of high school. I hated the classes and the people and the stress of everything was overwhelming so I quit that. Eventually over time I worked jobs here and there and started a family. I would take the kids to school every morning and eventually started volunteering at my kids elementary school. What started out as field trips and class party helper turned into a PTA volunteer. This is where my journey really began. I started helping around with everything from putting up community board announcements to helping out with school wide festivities. I ended up getting so evolved that I become the secretary of the PTA after being nominated. That is when it all clicked. I love kids, I love working here, wouldn't it make since to combine the two and get paid for it! That is where my teaching journey started. I will keep you updated on my progress but so far I am loving the classes and the people I meet. I never knew how much I had in common with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment