Saturday, February 11, 2017

Technology In Schools

So I graduated in 2007 and thinking back I remember learning everything by taking notes. I spent many hours looking at a computers projection of Power Points and taking down notes after notes. That was the norm and after a while I came to enjoy it. It was easy and mindless, write what you see, change the slide, write it again. The problem comes now, I do not remember what I was taught in that class. Now lets think about this. I spent 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, learning. Yet, if you were to ask me, what did you learn in American Government I would not be able to give you much information. This is because simply writing words down on a piece of paper is only engaging one type of learner, the visual type, and retaining that information means you would need to write it more that 20 times to comprehend and remember it. This is why music sticks with us, especially pop because you are hearing it played over and over on the radio on a daily basis.
Today's technology has tried to bridge that gab and improve everyone's retention by engaging in multiple learning styles. This is why you are seeing a surge of Chrome books as well as the devices like smart boards, which can now be manipulated through the projection for interactive games and/or exercises. Schools are also introducing learning apps through apple products like Ipads to students as young as 4 to engage these kids with things they are already interested in. I also noticed that music is becoming more and more beneficial to the mass of students who learn through listening. The goal here is to engage all students through all aspects in order to retain the most information possible and we are seeing that be done through today's technology.

Below I have added another blog with more information on this
 http://www.securedgenetworks.com/blog/5-Ways-Technology-in-the-Classroom-is-Changing-Education


No comments:

Post a Comment